Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Just one of those days

I've been back at it for a week and a half now, and last Thursday I caught a few of the little buggies that my kids brought with them. You know how four year olds are. Cute as pie, but they don't always wash their hands. I want to say, as always, I love my job, and I love my kids.

Well, this morning. I woke up feeling so good for the first time in a week. I was rested and my throat was no longer sore. I got to school and things were going great. The kids were following the routines really well for the seventh day of school.

Feeling great, I left to eat my lunch. I dropped it. Half of it was gone. I had to eat some stale sort of cinnamon roll thing left over from breakfast. Ugh.

Right after lunch, a student, not mine thank God, was taken to the nurse and EMT's were called. Since we are a school for very little ones, when this happens all students stay in their rooms. This meant that we didn't get the bathroom break the 17 tiny bladders desperately needed.

My TA was stuck watching another class when she should have been eating lunch, so she wasn't back until later than usual, which is a little stressful for me this early on (give it a month and I won't care).

Okay, so all this happened early on, and then one of my poor little children threw up right before we went to the buses. The child teared up, frozen. I huddled the rest of the kids out to the buses while my TA helped the child to the nurse.

Later I realized the mess happened all over one of my personal rugs, so I had to take it home to clean it. I wanted to set it on fire, I mean, wouldn't that get rid of the germs? Oh, then after school I had a fun ice breaker game, and was put on the spot for a minute. Normally I am good at these, but after the whole vomit incident I was flustered. I ended up taking so long, we got out of our meeting late.

Finally, after ALL of this, I couldn't pay my electric bill because the website was down. UGH. Try to get things done on time and the world is against you.

I know teacher's don't drink, but I like a cocktail or a glass of wine every now and then. Today was one of those days. My favorite go to drink is a Gimlet. None of that vodka nonsense, gin all the way. I have adapted a few recipes and created one that I like the best. Here it is:

1 1/2 oz Gin (Tanqueray Rangpur is the best, but any gin will do)
1 1/2 oz lime cordial (Rose's is standard)

Pour both over ice and stir, or pour into a shaker, shake and strain.
Easy, delicious, and fortifying.

A note on the cordial, Rose's is standard, but the Kroger by me stocks a store brand that is a little more tart, and I prefer that. If I use Rose's, which I don't often, I like to make it:
1 oz lime cordial
1/2 unsweetened lime juice

That way you get a nice bite.

Anyway, I am feeling world's better, and I sincerely hope that my little one feels better too. At that age getting sick can be scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment